I finished up that baby quilt I was working on this morning and it just came out of the dryer all nice and crinkly. In the end I decided to forgo the tying and french knots plan. I kept trying it, different colors, different yarns and it just wasn't working. It wasn't nearly as dramatic as I'd envisioned and it made the quilt too folky instead of the more modern look I was going for. I moved the trees around some too. I really like how they are running off the page now. For the binding I used a vintage scenic linen towel. It was a labor of love because although it was big for a towel it was still a smallish square and I had to piece together about ten small strips to make the binding. It was worth it though. I'm very happy with the blue sky border.
Now I'm ready to get another quilt up on the felt wall. Something about quilts, no matter how much time they take to finish as soon as it comes out of the dryer I feel ready to jump into a new one.